- This industry was particular hard hit by the Stamp tax and led the opposition
- Author of the Virginia Resolves against the Stamp Act
- Residents of this city started a trend by refusing to import goods from England until the Stamp Act was repealed
- This act was passed in conjunction with the Stamp Act's repeal to reassert Parliament's right to tax the colonists
- This type of tax was considered reasonable by the colonists.
- The Stamp Act violated the coloinsts' right to trial by ____
- The colonists feared that the Stamp Act established this type of court
- Violations of the Stamp Act were to be tried here
- In response to the Stamp Act, the colonies formed the first of this type of organization to deal with the crisis
- Member of Parliament who defended the colonists against the Stamp Act and became a hero in their eyes
- This Prime Minister had stationed troops in North America and the Stamp Act was an attempt to pay for their services
- The Stamp Act taxed nearly every item made from this
- This future Prime Minister defended the colonists in a speech called "In Defense of the Colonies"
- Author of the first united response of the colonists sent to Parliament and King George
- A violation of the Stamp Act could get you tried by this court
- This policy allowed the colonies to govern themselves independently for 150 years before the Stamp Act
- Prime Minister's secretary who drafted the Stamp Act
- Author of the most influential pamphlet written against the Stamp Act
- The colonists believed this body had no legal right to tax them
- The first acts of violence against the Stamp Act occurred in this city
- This Prime Minister was responsible for the repeal of the Stamp Act
- On the day the Stamp Act began, there were this many stamp distributors left in the colonies
- This colonist's speech before Parliament helped persuade them to repeal the Stamp Act
- The Stamp Act "stamps" are more equivalent to this type of stamp than to a postage stamp
- This war was the instigation for the Stamp Act.
- The colonists believed only people whom they had ____ had the authority to tax them
- This phrase was used in the debates of the Stamp Act in Parliament and became popularized in America
- The Stamp Act was the first of this kind of tax on the Americans.
- Phrase: Taxation without ______
- Prime Minister responsible for creating the Stamp Act
- Parliament argued that the colonists were represented in Parliament in this manner
- Number of items specifically taxed in the Stamp Act
- The Stamp Act was an attempt to reduce this after the end of the war in 1763.